Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend Update.

Well, here is the second post. Considering it is Monday, I guess we could start out with a "Weekend Update". Weekends these days seem to go pretty fast and aren't quite as exciting as they used to be when I had more motivation and energy. Being married has nothing to do with it, it is just times change and motivation leaves...

We (me and the wife, Anji) went to check out a new area to hike. It is called "San Lorenzo River Redwoods". I had never heard of it, but we had a map of the trails in the area, so we set off, up Hwy 9. We found the trail and parked on the side of the road. A ranger stopped by and told us not to pick any mushrooms. We said we would not, even though last weekend we went to the Fungus Fair and learned that there are lots of yummy mushrooms that you can eat that grow in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We learned about "Turkey Tails", "Witch's Butter" and others. "Witch's Butter" is very easy to spot and Anji used to call it "Alien Poop". Anyway, here is a link to the area we were at. We did not pick any mushrooms.

I also helped out Mike at the Bigfoot Discovery Museum. I help him out with the webpage and we posted some back issues of the newsletter. I also had him sign up for a blog at Blogger.com. Since it was so easy, I decided to get my own and here it is. Since I am a member of the museum, I have access to the DVD library. I checked out "Bigfoot Man or Beast". It was pretty good.

I also saw some movies this weekend. I will review them. I have a feeling there will be lots of movie reviews, since I seem to watch lots of movies. I am a Netflix subscriber and we watch a movie a night. This weekend we watched two...

My Date With Drew- This was really good. Very inspirational in a weird and cheesy way. An average Joe decides he wants to try to get a date with Drew Barrymore in 30 days. He decides to film his attempts. He has no money, so they go to Circuit City and gets a video camera. Circuit City has a 30 day return policy, and they return the camera after 30 days. This movie is surprisingly good. It won a lot of awards at film festivals. Make sure to watch the extra feature. The extra feature is very, very interesting and almost better than the movie.

Wide Awake- This is M. Night Shyamalan's first movie. It stars Rosie O'Donald. This movie was just ok. Anji liked it, but I thought it was just ok. This move is about a fifth grader who goes to Catholic school and tries to find god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home