Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Off Topic?

I was reading somewhere on the web the other day that your blog should stay on topic.

"They" were saying that a blogger must be "on-topic" 80% of the time and 20% is off topic.

Then it occurred to me... I don't have a topic for my blog. Should I have a topic? My topic is whatever I want to write about. If that is my topic, then I am always on topic and then I win. (or something like that)

Speaking of blogs, I was also looking at the "Top 500" blogs as ranked by Feedster. I don't know how these blogs get so popular. I went to a few of them and I was not impressed. For example, this Michelle Malkin person is at blog #8. I have read her blog, but I don't see the big deal. Especially for being at the #8 spot for all blogs. I am not saying that my little blog here is any better (or is it?), but I would think that the #8 blog out of the 20 something million current blogs would be better.

That is of course, if you had any faith that people had enough sense to pound sand in a rat hole. However, I am finding out that is usually not the case. People are lemmings and will do whatever the masses will tell them to do. People say that Michelle Malkin's blog is the 8th most popular, so it must be good. Then more people start reading it and it becomes more popular.

All the while the blog does not get any more interesting, it just kind of becomes... blah.

Of course, if people did not have to struggle all the time to create posts that were "on topic", then they might have the freedom to post about whatever they wanted.

And it just might be interesting.

Technorati Tags:

1 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That gal is trippin'
What a waste of energy.

The wireless works!!!!

Look for goodness in serendipity. Take some time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home