Monday, May 01, 2006

Day without an Immigrant.

Well, today is a "Day without an Immigrant". Seems like there is much protesting about. I think the solution is pretty easy...

Make a very easy "Guest Worker Pass" type thing, that is very easy for anyone to get. If you have a Guest Worker pass, you pay %5 more in taxes than citizens. This pass has to be "reviewed" every year. This review process consists of seeing if the owner of the Guest Worker pass has gotten in trouble with the law. If they are in trouble with the law, no more Guest Worker pass.

See, who wants to have to cross the desert, just to get to work. Therefore people stay here, even when there is no work. If they had a pass where they could go home and then come back easily, then people would go home and there would be less migrants hanging out, since they could just go home.

Then once it was easy to get the Guest Worker Pass, then you would bump up enforcement. You would make it legal for local police to turn over illegal immigrants to the INS for deporting.

Seems easy to me.

Anyway, here is a video of the immigration protest from last week that took place in San Jose. I have added "Flight of the Doodles" by Tennessee Ernie Ford. I don't know what this video is supposed to "mean", but I submit it to you anyway...



Technorati Tags:

2 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Mike Sacks said...

Noticed you listen to Fugazi. Being a D.C. native, they are the hometown heros. I'm a huge hip hop head, but I make an exception for Fugazi.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I finally saw the movie!!

Cool stuff

With the special nugget at the end of the waterfall.

I don't know what it is supposed to mean either. I'd like to get the monday may 1 movie posted too.

please please please

 

Post a Comment

<< Home