Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Weekend Update.

Ok, three posts in one day, some kind of record. How about a weekend update? This weekend was, as always, too short. I took the day off on Friday and I worked in the yard. I transplanted some plants. Actually, they were primroses. I planted them like three years ago, and they keep coming back and flowering. So I decided to round them all up and plant them in one space. They look pretty good, and I did not have to pay for the flowers which is always good.

Also, I got the numbers from my tax return back. I am now rich.

Saturday we decided to go to IKEA and get some stuff. Bought a Tunheim Shelf and some kind of bench to sit on that stores your shoes inside. Saturday night we went to a party. It was a combo birthday party for a 1 year old and a 40 year old. It was pretty mellow. Then we came home and I started to put together the IKEA furniture. That always takes some time, but I was able to build the stuff. Note to self: IKEA furniture that has hinges always take longer to put together than IKEA furniture that does not have hinges.

Sunday, we went to a brunch that was also a party for Amy. You can check out her myspace profile
here. That was fun. Then came back and worked on more IKEA furniture, and then moved said furniture around. It is still a mess and today is Wednesday, but we are figuring it out. Sunday afternoon we went to Cirque Du Solis, "Corteo" in San Jose. I have to admit, it was very cool. Quite the impressive production. Totally worth the $85 a ticket.

We also watched some movies. We watched:
1) "A Perfect Man" with Heather Locklear and Hillary Duff. It sucked.
2) "Broken Flowers" with Bill Murray. It was pretty good until the end. The end sucked.
3) "Elizabethtown" with Orlando Bloom. This was a totally terrible movie.
4) "Alone in the Wilderness" with someguy. This was really, really great. It was a documentary about a guy that moved up to Alaska and built his own cabin with hand tools. The whole thing he built himself with just handtools. Then he lived there for 35 years. It was really great!
5) WalMart-The High Cost of Low Prices. This was totally good. I already hated walmart, but now I hate them even more. Highly recommended.

Some of the other movies we have seen in the last couple of weeks include...
1) Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills. This was pretty good. I think the weird looking father did it.
2) Turtles Can Fly. This was a movie made in Iraq that was kind of disturbing. Foreign movies are always strange.
3) Speak. This is an excellent movie. I thought Mr Neck was great.
4) Female Trouble. This was a John Waters movie and it stared Divine. Divine was a good actor, and the movie was pretty funny. Now I like to call people "Dawn Davenport" because I think it is funny. They don't know what I am talking about, but who cares if I think it is funny.
5) Wedding Crashers. It was ok. There has not been a really funny movie made in a while I think.
6) Crooklyn. A Spike Lee Joint that I had not seen. I was not impressed. His other movies are better.

Spread between those movies were some episodes of the L Word and Little House on the Prairie.

Ok then, how is that for a post?

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cracka, sounds like a pretty cool weekend. hahaha, today was early release! I love days like these.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Ok then. I am always glad when people find the page and read it. Hope you were somewhat entertained, as that is what it is all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home